THE SABBATH DAYOctober 11, 2021 2021-10-11 17:47
THE SABBATH DAY
THE SABBATH DAY
1. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2: And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the
seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3: And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all
his work which God created and made
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
2. Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD,
which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
3. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, a holy convocation;
ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.
Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the Sabbath, that we may
set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one
another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
NO COOKING / PREPARE BEFORE THE SABBATH
Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the Sabbath day.
And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy
Sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and
that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.
NO BUYING OR SELLING
And if the people of the land bring ware or any victuals on the Sabbath day to sell, that we
would not buy it of them on the Sabbath, or on a holy day: and that we would leave the
seventh year, and the exaction of every debt.
THE SABBATH DAY
15. In those days saw I in Judah some treading winepresses on the Sabbath and bringing in
sheaves, and lading asses; as also the wine, grapes, and figs, and all manner of burdens, which they
brought into Jerusalem on the Sabbath day: and I testified against them in the day wherein they
16. There dwelt men of Tyre also therein, which brought fish, and all manner of ware, and sold
on the Sabbath unto the children of Judah, and in Jerusalem.
17. Then I contended with the nobles of Judah, and said unto them, What evil thing is this that
ye do, and profane the Sabbath day?
18. Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city?
yet ye bring more wrath upon Israel by profaning the Sabbath.
19. And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the Sabbath,
I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till
after the Sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be
brought in on the Sabbath day